AGENTS AND LANDLORDS ARE FAILING TO PROTECT THEIR TENANTS AND PROPERTIES FROM FIRE RISK
Monday 17th June 2013
• People living in rented or shared accommodation are seven times more likely to have a fire
• About 400 people a year die in accidental house fires
• Not having a smoke alarm doubles your risk of death
• Fault electrics cause around 7,000 house fires a year
• Candles cause more than 5 fires a day
Landlords and letting agents are failing to protect their tenants with adequate fire safety protection and in some of the worst cases, are in serious breach of fire safety legislation according to the Association of Independent Inventory Clerks (AIIC)...