A series of tax tutorials have been launched for buy-to-let landlords and their professional advisers by Property118 and The Landlords Union.
These tutorials, which are available to download free of charge, include case studies and reference to applicable case law and legislation.
Property118 and The Landlords Union have been prolific campaigners against the restrictions on finance cost relief for individual landlords which are being phased in from April this year. The tax changes are expected to have an adverse impact on up to 500,000 UK landlords and may well result in increased rents for many private tenants.
The free tutorials, which were compiled in conjunction with Hon Legal Counsel, Mark Smith of Cotswold Barristers, answer many frequently asked questions.
The aim is for these to be shared and discussed with professional advisers in order to raise awareness of what can be done to mitigate the effects of the new tax regime. Tutorials are delivered by email.
Ultimately, the free tax tutorials are designed to help buy-to-let landlords and their professional advisers understand how a variety of tax structures can work to their advantage.
Titles of the free tutorials include:-
- Is tax planning legal?
- Tax planning opportunities where spouse earns less than £43,000 a year
- Understanding incorporation and the various costs, benefits and tax relief available
- Short Term Tax Planning Loan
- Beneficial Interest Company Trust - how to avoid the need to refinance when incorporating
- Declaration of Trust - tax planning
- The Ros Report - An in depth analysis of the changes to mortgage interest relief for individual landlords
- Dividends and other tax perks for incorporated landlords
- Hybrid Tax Planning Structure - BEWARE!
Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.