A local council is gathering key players from the private rental sector to help landlords and letting agents get up to date with Coronavirus-related issues and new laws and regulations.
Exeter council - in partnership with the University of Exeter, the National Residential Landlords Association and other groups - is inviting landlords and agents to a week of virtual events next month.
The online Renting Minefield week runs from November 11 until November 18 inclusive, during which there will a series of pre-recorded ‘bite-size’ talks available to those who have registered.
And on Thursday November 19 there will be a live session with a panel of experts on hand, addressing these issues:
1. The Coronavirus Act and the impact of Covid-19 on property management;
2. Legislation and policy update to include electrical safety regulations, Fitness Bill, Energy Performance Certificates, Minimum Energy Standards etc;
3. Support for tenants – how can landlords help their tenants through this crisis?;
4. Safety nets for landlords – the impact of increasing numbers of tenants affected financially by Covid-19;
5. University community update;
6. Energy Efficiency – including Green Homes Grant and other funding streams.
For more information please contact Claire Hope on 01392 265833 or email email@example.com
Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.