A local council is gathering key players from the private rental sector to help landlords and letting agents get up to date with Coronavirus-related issues and new laws and regulations.
Exeter council - in partnership with the University of Exeter, the National Residential Landlords Association and other groups - is inviting landlords and agents to a week of virtual events next month.
The online Renting Minefield week runs from November 11 until November 18 inclusive, during which there will a series of pre-recorded ‘bite-size’ talks available to those who have registered.
And on Thursday November 19 there will be a live session with a panel of experts on hand, addressing these issues:
1. The Coronavirus Act and the impact of Covid-19 on property management;
2. Legislation and policy update to include electrical safety regulations, Fitness Bill, Energy Performance Certificates, Minimum Energy Standards etc;
3. Support for tenants – how can landlords help their tenants through this crisis?;
4. Safety nets for landlords – the impact of increasing numbers of tenants affected financially by Covid-19;
5. University community update;
6. Energy Efficiency – including Green Homes Grant and other funding streams.
For more information please contact Claire Hope on 01392 265833 or email email@example.com