By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.
Graham Awards


Council may fund landlords’ energy efficiency measures if tenants qualify

Landlords with properties in part of Lincolnshire could benefit from Government funding secured by North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner EQUANS.

The scheme offers external wall insulation, loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and an upgrade to storage heaters for only one third of the standard cost.

If the property is in an Energy Performance Certificate band of D or below and eligible for one of the insulation measures, funding can be awarded if tenants have a combined annual household income of £30,000 or less, or they are in receipt of income-related benefits.


“This is an opportunity to improve the energy efficiency of your property while providing extra warmth and comfort to your tenants” says Councillor Callum Procter, portfolio holder for economic growth, housing and tourism.


North East Lincolnshire Council and EQUANS are working in partnership with YES Energy Solutions to roll out the scheme.

If landlords are interested in taking advantage of this limited funding, they are advised to contact North East Lincolnshire Council’s home energy team on 01472 326296.

Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.

  • George Dawes

    Climate tax incoming ….

  • icon

    Take our dodgy tenants and maybe get some free insulation.

    Great! Where do I sign?

  • icon

    Lucky LL in North East Lincolnshire, what about the rest of us living in different areas? we would like this scheme too.

    Theodor Cable

    Ain't gonna happen Wendy!!!!!



    Is taking that type of tenant worth the risk?

  • icon

    Let me caveat this by saying it's not happened yet, and I'm not holding my breath.
    However, I had a bloke knock on my door a few weeks ago, and to cut a long story short, it appears my local council has similar funding. We've done a circuit of all my D and E houses and I'm waiting to hear the outcome. All being well, I'll benefit from funding for additional loft insulation and cavity wall insulation.
    I'm twitchy about the potential damp issues with the cavity wall insulation, but if there's a fighting chance that I'll get to C as a result, I'll do it. At the moment all houses have modern condensing boilers so the plan is to get my EPCs done before they move the EPC goal posts in favour of heat pumps. I'm not ready for those yet!
    PS - I'm down in Bournemouth, and the criteria for the funding is lower income renters

  • icon

    GD, I don’t think even doing
    all those things will get you a C needs a bit more.
    I wouldn’t be too concerned about the cavity fill the products are tested and passed.
    However you could get them to use the beads one like little balls of polystyrene, better for filling narrow cavity’s or spaces. They will try to talk you out of it, its more expensive


    Thanks for that Michael, from what I've seen the beads are the ones to go for. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes


Please login to comment

MovePal MovePal MovePal
sign up