Ben Beadle, chief executive of the National Residential Landlords Association, is to sit on a new Lettings sector body set up by Zoopla.
Described by the portal as an “independent, non-regulatory group” the board aims to unite leaders and influencers from across the sector to support the successful and sustainable growth of the lettings market, while also ensuring renters and landlords remain at the heart of all decision making.
The Lettings Advisory Board will meet on a quarterly basis.
In addition to Beadle the members are:
- Michael Cook, National Lettings Managing Director at Leaders Romans Group who will Chair the board;
- Kevin Day, Head of Lettings (Central and South) Connells Group
- Eric Walker, Managing Director at Martin and Co (South & Scotland)
- Hannah Gretton, National Lettings Director of LSL Property Services plc
- John Paul, CEO of The Castledene Group and Director of Propertymark
- Kristjan Byfield, Co-Founder of The Depositary and 'base property specialists'
- Russell Humphrey, Founder of the Humphrey Group
- Ben Quiney, Chief Business Development Officer and Co-Founder of FocalAgent
Zoopla is represented by its Chief Commercial Officer Andy Marshall, who is also Vice-Chair of the board, and Richard Donnell, Research & Insight Director at the portal.
Michael Cook says: "We are excited to take an important step towards ensuring our industry better reflects those who work within it – which is what this board represents.
“The end goal will see greater customer collaboration through direct communication with our agents, who now have a dedicated and formal space for their voices, thoughts, and experiences to be heard. I am very proud to chair this group.”
Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.