By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.


What Universal Credit means for landlords

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has published updated guidance for landlords with tenants in receipt of Universal Credit.

The information is designed to help understand what they can do to help their tenants prepare for their move to the single Universal Credit benefit payment and make rental payments directly to their landlord themselves. 

It also explains what support is available for tenants who may need help moving to the new system.


Information on Alternative Payment Arrangements can be found here.

Guidance to service charges for landlords can be found here.

If a tenant is having difficulty paying their rent, fill in the UC47 form to request payment of rent from a tenant’s Universal Credit.

Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.

Poll: Do you rent property to tenants in receipt of Universal Credit?



Please login to comment

MovePal MovePal MovePal
sign up